Thursday, August 18, 2011

Eggleston





I haven't done a post devoted solely to photography, surprisingly being that I have been an avid fan and practicer for many years. Thinking about whom I wanted to highlight, of course I thought of Avedon and Leibovitz, Capa and Arbus, but I began thinking about an exhibition I saw in 2004 at the SFMOMA, one of my first photography shows, and began to reminisce on the works by William Eggleston




Working throughout the mid-20th century, Eggleston brought color photography to life and into galleries, when black and white was still the norm. Growing up in the south he used ordinary and mundane subject matter, rendering them timeless and magnificently brilliant with color and angle. 




all images courtesy of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art 

No comments:

Post a Comment